- VALUEbuilders group (HRbuilders, PAYROLLbuilders) is processing information which relates to you (as being an identified or identifiable natural person).
- VALUEbuilders group (HRbuilders, PAYROLLbuilders) determines the purposes and means of processing. Such personal data may be obtained directly from you, either through your “interactions” (manually or automatically).
- Use or visit of any website belonging to the VALUEbuilders group. (e.g. filling in contact forms, sending e-mail, telephone contact, newsletter subscription, event registration, etc.);
- Use of VALUEbuilders content;
- Use of the VALUEbuilders services under a personal account;
- Interactions with VALUEbuilders through certain sales and/or marketing interactions (e.g. face-to-face meetings at exhibitions, sales pitches, commercial gatherings, training session, social media interactions, etc.);
- Interactions with (software) tools related to the foregoing (e.g. direct marketing tools, job applications tools, account registrations, etc.);
2. For what purpose do we process your personal data?
The VALUEbuilders group may (be required to) process parts of your personal data for the following purposes:
This purpose relates to the processing of your first name, last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, job title, company name and billing information in order to:
- Negotiate, execute, renew and/or manage a contract with you;
- Process related billing information and payments;
- Communicate with you in respect of the above and other contract related items.
Personal (website)account to use the VALUEbuilders services
This purpose relates to the processing of your first name, last name, address, email, telephone number, job title, company name, account actions & activities, IP address, account preferences, uploaded content, device information, screenshots shared and your actions with the VALUEbuilders services in order to:
- Set-up and manage your personal account to make use of the VALUEbuilders services;
- Interact with you in respect of the VALUEbuilders services;
- Manage and respond to questions (e.g. technical, commercial or administrative).
Use of the website
If you are browsing the website as a guest (without a user account),VALUEbuilders does not require or gather your personal data.
In case you would be making use of our website under a user account, only then will we process your first name, last name, email, address information, IP address and your interactions with the website in order to:
- Guarantee an optimal user experience;
- Better understand your needs and interests.
Downloads from the website
In case you are downloading content from the website, this purpose relates to the processing of your first name, last name, address, email address, telephone number, job title, and/or company name (all where such data is requested in the applicable form),as well as IP address to allow for downloads and/or access content on the website.
This purpose relates to the processing of your first name, last name, address, email, telephone number, job title, company name, photo/video recordings, and/or billing information in order to:
- Process your registration to the event as organised by VALUEbuilders (alone or jointly with another organiser) or organised by a third party on behalf of VALUEbuilders;
- Contact you in respect to your registration;
- Proceed with billing and payment of your registration (if applicable);
- Invite you to similar events;
- Propose events to you which VALUEbuilders – in its reasonable opinion – may consider relevant or interesting;
- Share your personal data with the other parties involved in the organisation of the event;
- Publish photo/video recording of you participating at the event in related or relevant publications, website and/or social media of the parties involved in the organisation of the event (including for educational, news or promotional purposes, whether in print, electronic or other media).
In case you are responding to a job opening at VALUEbuilders, this purpose relates to the processing of your first name, last name, address, email, telephone number and/or CV in order to:
- Process the job application submitted by you;
- Get in touch regarding your application.
Compliance with laws & law enforcement requests and protection of VALUEbuilders’ rights
Processing of personal data when VALUEbuilders has good faith or belief that such processing is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal request and/or protect the safety of any person and/or prevent fraud or abuse.
Before VALUEbuilders processes your personal data for direct marketing purposes, we shall first seek and obtain your consent (opt-in).
Processing of your first name, last name, address, email, job title and company name, depending on the type of interactions you have had with VALUEbuilders. In order to keep in touch with us or partners of VALUEbuilders (e.g. newsletters, marketing, events or promotional events and other information on services offered by us).
You have the right to object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, in which case your personal data shall no longer be processed for this purpose. You may opt-out (unsubscribe) of receiving such promotional messages from us at any time by following the instructions on those messages, or alternatively, by contacting us at email@example.com.
Processing of personal data for these purposes is based on sections (Full overview of different sections can be found here):
- 6,1 a) GDPR where the data subject “has given consent to the processing of his or her Personal Data for one or more specific purposes”;
- 6,1 b) GDPR (“processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party“ or “in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract”);
- 6,1 c) GDPR (“processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject“)(e.g. retention of log files)
- 6,1 f) GDPR (“processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller”),a close interaction between the account users and VALUEbuilders is necessary for the smooth working and operation of the VALUEbuilders services, in which situation the account user plays a crucial role.
- 6,1 f) GDPR (“processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller”),and more specifically the fact that VALUEbuilders values and wishes to protect its intellectual property rights and/or trade secrets, which is a key asset to VALUEbuilders, for which VALUEbuilders needs to be able to at least know which persons receive such related information.
- 6,1 f) GDPR (“processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller”),and more specifically the fact that VALUEbuilders needs to be able to crosscheck Your claimed capabilities per the application you have submitted to the applicable job application.
- 6,1 f) GDPR (“processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller”) and more specifically the fact that VALUEbuilders itself needs to be able to mitigate risk to damages and liabilities which may result from your actions.
3. To which persons may (your) personal data be disclosed?
VALUEbuilders only shares your personal data with:
- Its and its affiliates’ employees and collaborators;
- Cloud hosting provider & data hosting: third party technology providers to guarantee our services (as required for the correct functioning of the respective service of each third party technology provider);
- Third party maintenance & support recipients;
- Other third parties to the extent VALUEbuilders believes that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal request and/or protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury and/or prevent fraud or abuse.
Such disclosures shall always be limited to the personal data as required for the specific purpose of the recipient while taking into account the necessary provisions on confidentiality, integrity, availability and security of the data involved.
4. Is there export of the personal data outside of the EEA?
VALUEbuilders does not transfer personal data outside of the European Economic area (“EEA”).
5. Your Rights (as data subject)
You always have the right to:
- Obtain access to your personal data as processed by the VALUEbuilders group;
- Request rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of your personal data;
- Object to the processing of your personal data where your personal data is processed based on “consent”;
- Request to receive your personal data in a format (e.g. Excel file, .CSV file, Teamleader export, …),that allows for the data portability to a similar service;
- Where your personal data is processed based on “consent”, withdraw your consent for processing your personal data at any time. However, be aware that withdrawal of your consent does not affect any prior processing of your personal data or processing occurring under another legal ground.
In order to exercise such rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You shall have to provide proof of your identity by providing an official document (e.g. ID card, driver’s license,…) to VALUEbuilders in order to safeguard the fact that the right person is exercising such right.
6. Duration of retention of Your Personal Data
VALUEbuilders retains your personal data as long as your personal data is relevant for the purpose, for the duration of any retention period that is required by law; or the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of VALUEbuilders’ services.
7. What data security measures does VALUEbuilders use?
Below are some key measures we’re taking to make our data secure so that everyone can rest assured their data is safe.
- All data is stored in Teamleader and is encrypted with SSL.
- Ethical hackers
- GDPR measures
- Security documentation
Internal incident management procedure to detect and alert security breaches and determine which steps need to be taken in case of a data breach.
TOM or the Technical and Organisational Data Security Measures: lists all data protection measures and is implemented as part of the data processing agreement.
Privacy declaration makes reference to the GDPR and contains information about: which personal data is collected, how it is collected, the purpose of processing, the data retention period, the rights of the data subject, our complaint procedure, data transfer process to third parties, and so on.
Data processing agreement contains the arrangements between Teamleader and its customers about processing customer data (i.e. data entered into Teamleader by our customers) in accordance with the instructions by the customer/controller. In case Teamleader appeals on sub-processors, we will ensure they’re at least bound by the same GDPR obligations as Teamleader.
- Strict, state-of-the-art password rules (Multi-factor authentication)
- Customer data is stored on European servers
Teamleader’s web applications, communications, database servers and all our customer data is stored and located on European servers in Ireland and operated by Amazon Web Services, Inc, and is not processed or stored on US servers at any point. Teamleader has signed the ‘AWS Data Processing Addendum’. What’s more, Amazon is ISO 27001 certified which is an international standard for information security management system and is managed in line with international best practice and business objectives.
In the AWS data center, data is stored on encrypted hard drives. Plus, these centers are continuously innovated to protect them from man-made and natural risks, and undergo third-party audits to confirm security and compliance. The most highly-regulated organisations in the world, such as NASA, trust AWS every single day.
Data security, privacy and legal compliance for both our users and our customers have always been a key priority for Teamleader. We have taken plenty of proactive measures in order to safeguard the safety of our customers and all other stakeholders by making sure our data is saved and processed in a very secure way.
8. Policy towards minors
VALUEbuilders does not target minors under the age of 18 year. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided personal data that is processed by VALUEbuilders without their consent, he or she must contact VALUEbuilders at email@example.com. VALUEbuilders will take the necessary steps to have the personal data from minors irrevocably removed.
When visiting our website or using our services, a cookie may be placed on your end device.
Disabling or refusing cookies
Most web browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome) have cookies automatically enabled. You can decide to what extent cookies will access your device by changing your browser settings accordingly.
When you disable one or more cookies, you will probably still be able to browse our website and use our services, however certain features may not work as intended or not at all. Cookies are placed and managed by the VALUEbuilders group. No third parties are involved.
Purpose and categories of cookies used
The VALUEbuilders group may employ the following cookies on its website and/or applications:
Necessary / technical cookies
These cookies are necessary for providing an optimal user experience. These cookies are used by the VALUEbuilders group to make its websites and applications work the way they are expected. Such Cookies may include, but are not limited to:
- Remembering previous actions (e.g. user entered text) when navigating back to a page;
- Managing and passing security tokens to different services within a website to identify the visitor’s status (e.g. logged in or not);
- To maintain tokens for the implementation of secure areas of the website;
- Multimedia content player session cookies.
Refusing or disabling such cookies may have a serious impact on (parts of) your use of the website and/or applications. For these cookies, there legally is no implicit or explicit consent required.
The VALUEbuilders group uses these cookies to analyse how in general usage is made of services and applications, and to monitor our websites. This information helps us understand how people use our service, our Website as well as our applications.
Such cookies may include, but are not limited to:
- Web analytics (e.g. measuring the time of requests to our servers and our responses, to record statistics about Website usage, to track activities on the Website, which pages visitors go to most often, managing the performance and design of the Website, …)
For these cookies, there legally is no implicit or explicit consent required.
VALUEbuilders uses these cookies to adjust the Website and its applications to your preferences as well as in order to analyze your behaviour in relation to the content being made available to you through the website and its applications.
Such cookies may include, but are not limited to:
- Your website Preferences (user name, language, region you are in, …);
- Logging in / “Remember me” options;
- Content tracking;
- Providing services you have requested (e.g. watching a video, commenting on a blog, …).
For these cookies, consent can be implicitly obtained through your (browser) settings.
VALUEbuilders uses these cookies to offer more relevant content to users, based on their specific interests. They are also used to measure, control the effectiveness of event campaigns, and lead generation. They register whether users have visited a specific page or not, and which contents were used.
For these cookies, consent can be implicitly obtained through your (browser) settings.
Third party cookies
The VALUEbuilders group websites contains cookies from the following providers:
|Google analytics (https://policies.google.com/technologies/types?hl=eng)||hrbuilders.eu|
10. Right to lodge a complaint (with a supervisory authority)
In case you have a complaint about the way VALUEbuilders handles your personal data, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you to see if it can be resolved quickly and informally.
However, in case of violation(s) committed by VALUEbuilders of applicable legislation under GDPR, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the corresponding data protection authority.
An overview of the National Data Protection Authorities:
How to log a complaint can be found with the working Party 29:
11. Who can I contact if I require more information?
For more information please contact us by sending us a letter to: Valuebuilders NV – Stropkaai 68 – 9000 Ghent (Belgium). Or send us an e-mail at email@example.com. We will get in touch with you within 48 hours upon receiving your message (except for weekends or holidays were it can take up to 72 hours).
13. Applicable law & court